Thursday, March 13, 2008

Customer Rant

This is an actual call that took place today:

idiot: you guys filled the wrong drug on my prescription! i almost overdosed!
me: Ok, let's start with your name so I can see what's going on here.
idiot: it's patsy! How can you people be so irresponsible?? You're dealing with my life!
me: What's the LAST name?
idiot: *******
me: I'm showing that you dropped off a prescription for cipro which we filled for its generic ciprofloxacin.
idiot: I'm not stupid. I know what the drug is but the dosage is completely wrong! I'm supposed to be taking 500mg and the pills you guys gave me is 5250mg!!!
me: Ma'am cipro does not come in a 5250mg tablet. where are you seeing that at?
idiot: its on the pill! before it use to say 500, now it says 5250!! what are you trying to do to me??
me: ok, that's the manufacturer's marking on the pill. It's 500mg - the correct strength.
idiot: oh....i see...WELL why would they do that?!?! what does it stand for? what does it mean??? why did they do that?? can you look it up?
me: I don't know what it stands for or what it means. I can give you the manufacturers service number to call if you want to find out
idiot: yea, give me that. im going to get someone fired today! idiots! confusing people like that..

No comments: