Tuesday, March 25, 2008

OTC locked up

We have certain OTC medicines out on the aisle that are locked up in plastic cases. So everytime someone wants something out of there, they always walk back to the pharmacy and say something like 'I need you to unlock the Excedrin for me' Sometimes it would be during the busiest times of the day (oh yea, did I mention that we're short-staffed??) when I have 4 people at the in-window, 6 at the out-window, and 4 cars (that I could see) in drive-thru. The phones are ringing non-stop and I feel like I am going to seriously punch the next person that asks me 'Why does it take 30 minutes? It's a spray! You don't have to count that. ' This is the exact moment someone would stick their head in and demand you to drop everything and go unlock the case for them. This is so inconvenient - it's never just 'ok i'll unlock it - ok here you go - bye' They always stand there and scratch their head and think out loud, 'hmmm... i dont know what to get. what's the difference?' *SIGH* TABLETS, GELCAPS, CAPLETS, EZ CAPS - who cares! When they finally decide on whatever form of pill they want, it's always followed by 'What's the difference between these three?? They all say tablets!' *BIGGER SIGH* 25CT, 50CT, or 100CT - hurry it up! 'Well the 100ct seems like the better deal' (I quickly grab the 100ct but then get interrupted) 'Oh - I doubt I'll need that many, give me the 25ct'
#*($^*&#^$*&^*&$^@#*

Recently they put up huge signs and a BIG RED BUTTON to press for assistance in unlocking those dreadful cases. This way, the SHORT-STAFFED PHARMACY will be able to actually work with less interruptions. No one. Nope, NO ONE sees it. Just like how they don't see the BIG RED SIGN that reads 'WINDOW CLOSED. NEXT WINDOW PLEASE. They continuously stick their head in while you're counting out a C-II and expect you to drop whatever you're doing to rush out there and unlock it. I just want to let the gate drop on their heads sometimes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how about after all that, they ask you to use the bathroom?