Thursday, April 24, 2008

Drive Thru II

With the way cell phone use in the pharmacy is now, it's only going to get worse unless something is done about it. Lately I've refused to assist anyone who walks up to the counter yapping away on their cell. Those who drive up in the drive-thru on their cell usually get a VERY loud 'HOW CAN I HELP YOU!' which normally results in them either dropping their phones or rolling their eyes and then hanging up.

The other day Yapper comes up to the pharmacy yapping away on her cell phone about what she did over the weekend. I would normally just ignore her until she gets off but it was busy and I didn't have time to just hang around the area til she got off so I quickly asked her if she was picking up or dropping off..

Yapper: *puts up finger* 'OMG I knowwww he is sooooo cuuuutttteeee! who did he go weoisjfhiowekdg'

Me: *irritated enough* (in a louder tone) Picking up or dropping off?

Yapper: *pauses her conversation and rolls her eyes* 'Ugh, ANYWAYS, I'm at the pharmacy and they're being really rude right now.. uh huh....yea i know right??

Oh I'm so sorry for interrupting your conversation you dumb bitch. I should have known better. I should have stood back and smile at you politely and patiently until it is convenient for YOU to hang up the phone. I should have then rushed over to you and tell you that your wait time is immediately because I know how important and precious your time is and it does not need to be wasted any minute longer in this pharmacy.

She comes back..through the drive-thru.

NO, the trilyte jug will NOT fit in the tube. You have to come in.

She comes back again...through the first lane

NO, the trilyte will NOT fit in the thing either. AGAIN, you have to come in... NO, I will NOT empty it out in a smaller container so your lazy ass doesn't have to walk in. NO, I will NOT bring it out to you.. I'm only going to say it once more...YOU HAVE TO COME IN

She comes IN finally yapping this time to the manager as he walks her back to the pharmacy and asks what the problem is... I went ahead and let her have the first chance to explain her side.

'What's the point of the drive-thru if nothing fits in the tiny tube anyway!! *points finger at me* She refused to help me at all! She won't put it in a smaller container for me. She's been nothing but rude to me ever since I walked into this pharmacy! This is terrible customer service! I want your corporate number!'

*manager looks puzzled.. he looks at me and then at her and shruggs* 'Well, it looks like this medication is packaged in the giant jug for a reason, ma'am. She can't just pour it out and risk the chance of you taking the medicine wrong because you refused to get out of your car.'

'OMG! This is unacceptable! She could have at least brung it to me. The drive-thru is discriminant - it's not fair!'

It got to the point where her yelling and hollering was very distracting to others and finally the manager said he'd call the cops if she don't leave. =D

***Why do all my issues come from the freaking drivethru??? I can go on for hours***

No comments: