Monday, April 14, 2008

DRIVE THRU

I hate how people dash into our drive-thru and say something along the lines of 'I need some Tylenol and my dog is sick and he's in the car so I can't go get it so you gotta get it for me..the one that's on sale..' At first I'd politely inform the lazy idiot that the pharmacy drive-thru is for pick up/drop off prescriptions only and I can NOT go out into the store to hunt for her Tylenol - the one that's in the salespaper - because her dog is the car. Oh - and I hate how most of the time they respond with 'Well, my DOG is in the CAR... I cant LEAVE him in here! What am I supposed to do?!' Oh I'd like to tell you what I would do...

Anyway today was a pretty good day - minimal issues. Flu season is over so I don't get too many problems. Summer's not quite here yet so I don't have last minute vacation overriders. Well I do have a story I can share:

This lady comes in with a prescription from a doctor from the ER. First of all, it got rejected because of a refill too soon. She had last picked it up 2 days ago at another pharmacy in the same chain. She won't listen to what I'm saying but yet keeps repeating herself. 'It has to be done NOW. I need it ASAP. This is extremely urgent. You MUST take care of it right away. Call the doctor or whatever' I stood there with a are-you-kidding-me look. This URGENT prescription was dated last month. I have a stack of about 50 scripts to type in - half of which are all waiting and you want me to put it all aside so you can get your prescription which is covered by the state AND you won't pay a dime of it no matter how urgent because it's supposed to be covered by the state and you can't afford it but you drive a Cadillac Crossover and wear designer bags and jewelry. I told her I'll get on it as soon as I finish working on the prescriptions that were before her and she walks off satisfied......only to walk back 3 minutes later 'Is it ready? What did the doctor say? Is it done?' You dumb idiot, I havent even got the chance to touch the computer after you left because a line formed as you were telling me how URGENT your prescription is and I just took care of them. Second of all, do you know how hard it is to get a hold of the doctor from an ER?? Most of them are only there for that one time and you basically have to track them down!

2 comments:

Cnuwin said...

I feel your pain. Luckily for me, the store I worked at doesn't have a Drive-thru. I have experienced it 2 or 3 times when I as a tech floats to another store for a Pharmacist I know personally. People are just god-damn lazy nowadays.

Politically (In)Correct said...

Props to all techs working retail, period. My weak ass lasted a month at a Savon a few years ago. Not to mention it was ghetto and attracted all of the "low-income" people. And you that means their so called "insurance plan" doesn't cover squat.

My last 2 jobs working as a tech was doing prior authorizations, one for a PBM and another, for an insurance plan. It was all a bunch of bullshit. And the idiotic techs that actually "believed" in what we did... no comment.

I've come to realization that I hate the whole fucking field and I refuse to work as a tech again. I'd rather work minimum wage doing retail. I've done it before and I've never had so much fun-at least compared to lame ass Pharmacy. I should be thankful though, pharmacy drove me to go back to school, that's how much I hate it. ;)